Before you start enjoying the warmer weather, make sure you have the right smartphone accessories for summer. Whether you’re going on a fun road trip or hosting BBQs at home, you’ll need a few things for your phone to make everything just right. The great thing is all these accessories are hot right now, so it’ll be easy to find them.
Jam On With Bluetooth Speakers
What’s a summer party without music? Put on your favorite playlist or let Spotify pick some great tunes. Make sure everyone can hear the music by having a great sounding Bluetooth speaker. Depending on where you’re at, you may want a speaker that’s weather-proof. A few of the top choices this summer include:
- BOSE Soundlink Revolve – Get full sound with this waterproof and shockproof speaker. The small size delivers big sound for $199.95 USD.
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom – Don’t worry about dirt or water with this tiny speaker for just $99.99 USD. You can even connect two for a fuller sound.
- Ultimate Ears Roll 2 – Get great sound while floating this speaker in the pool. With longer lasting battery life, the $99.99 USD speaker is great for all day and night pool parties.
- JBL Pulse 2 – Light up your summer party that features an interactive light show. Connect up to three phones with this $149.95 USD speaker.
Stay Charged With External Battery Packs
You never want to run out of juice and external battery packs are one of the most important smartphone accessories for summer travel. You can always buy a second battery pack for your phone or carry along a portable charger or battery pack, such as:
- Anker PowerCore – This 10,000 mAh capacity battery pack means you can charge your phone at least twice. It even features Quick Charge technology for compatible devices. It starts at just $26.99 USD and higher capacity versions are available.
- ASUS ZenPower – This small charger features 10,050 mAh capacity and fast charging starting at $25 USD.
- AUKEY 30,000 mAh Charger – Enjoy fast charging on all devices with enjoy juice to charge an iPhone 7 up to 10 times all for around $60 USD.
Never Ending Battery on Road Trips
Don’t forget to keep a car charger on hand if you’re going on a road trip. The last thing you want is to have your phone die when you need your favorite GPS app. While you can buy a device specific one, try one of these universal options for everyone’s smartphones:
- Scosche ReVolt – The dual port 12W USB charger features illuminated ports and charges slightly faster than most car chargers. Different colors are available starting at $24.99 USD.
- nonda ZUS – Charge your devices and find your car with the built-in GPS function. Charge two devices at once and monitor mileage, car location, and more with the app. The charger starts at $34.99 USD.
- Anker PowerDrive 5 – Enjoy five ports so everyone can charge at once. The charger replicates each device’s optimal charging speed and starts at $24.99 USD.
Water Protected Phone Cases
Water can ruin your smartphone, so opt for a waterproof phone case or pouch. While device specific cases are available, these universal cases are one of the must-have smartphone accessories for summer:
- CaliCase – This floating and waterproof case fits phones up to six inches. Two layers keep your phone safe. Pricing starts at $14.99 USD and it comes in 17 colors.
- 3iArt Floating Waterproof Case – This case starts at $18 USD and keeps your phone protected in up to 100 feet of water. It also has an audio jack so you can still listen to music while your phone floats.
- JOTO Cellphone Dry Bag – This case protects your phone in water up to 100 feet and fits phones up to six inches. You can still take photos and interact with the screen with this $11.99 USD case.
Get the Perfect Shot With Camera Lenses
Smartphone accessories for summer should help you make memories, right? Add a clip-on camera lens to your phone to get better shots and increase your phone’s built-in camera features. You could have a lot of fun with macro photography this summer with just your iPhone. A few great options to consider include:
- Photojojo – Magnetic lenses easily attach to most smartphones and feature effects such as fisheye, telephoto, polarizer, super fisheye, and wide/macro. Individual lenses start at $15 USD, but bundles are available.
- Mpow Clip-On 180 Degree Supreme Fisheye Lens – Enjoy great fisheye shots with this lightweight lens starting at $12.99 USD.
- Mobi-Lens Combo Pack – Get three great lenses starting at $19.99 USD that clip on easily. The pack includes a fisheye, wide, and macro lens.
Let the Sun Work for Your Devices
Want a charger that stays charged even without electricity? If you’re outdoors often, smartphone solar chargers are one of the most important smartphone accessories for summer. Check out a few of our recommendations and let the sun handle all your charging needs: 5 Smartphone Solar Chargers to Consider This Summer.
Carry Money and Your Phone in One Case
Finally, you don’t want to carry much with you during your summer adventures. Make life easy by carrying a phone and wallet combo case. This lets you store both your phone and money in one case, saving you space. A few options to check out include:
- Sinji Pouch – This universal option attaches with 3M removable tape to the back of your smartphone case. You can fit up to 10 cards in the elastic pouch. Pricing starts at $9 USD and full device specific cases are available.
- Bellroy – Bellroy offers multiple wallet/phone case combos, though most are only for iPhone and Samsung. Pricing starts at $25.95 USD and fit your phone, spare case, and cards.
Enjoy your summer more and worry less by packing your favorite smartphone accessories for summer.