Have you ever experienced a BSOD error on your PC? If yes, we will provide solutions for them. Whenever a BSOD error occurs, the screen of your computer will turn blue and freezes too. In such a situation, you have to either try connecting and disconnecting or shutting down your PC.
There are other solutions for every type of error, and we will discuss them in detail. If you want to know more about this kind of error, you can visit the Troubleshooting Central, which provides various ways to protect your PC from BSOD errors.
What is a BSOD error?
It is a kind of error that causes the screen to turn blue and stops the system suddenly. You will also get a STOP code to find out the leading cause of the error.
What are the common causes of BSOD errors?
- If your computer has hardware or hardware driver software problems, a BSOD error is likely to occur. These problems include insufficient storage space, poor air circulation, loose cables and hardware, and more.
- Another cause of this error might be some problems with low-level software running in the Windows kernel.
- There might be some issues with RAM that resulted in a BSOD error.
- Corrupt drivers and system files are also responsible for them.
- Malware infection or viruses is the most common reason for the blue screen of death error.
What happens when a BSOD error occurs?
- The screen of your PC will change to blue with white text. The computer will not work correctly.
- Windows then try to restart the system whenever a BSOD error happens. Unfortunately, you will lose everything you were working on before the error. But If the restart gets failed, then the computer will get hanged. And when you try again, you will see the same screen.
- A minidump file is created by Windows, where you can read the information about the error cause. This file will automatically get saved in the drive. You have to look for the name and the stop code of the error.
- Different versions of Windows will display different types of blue screen of death errors. The information might be challenging to read, but there are ways to find out the main problem.
What should you do after seeing a BSOD error?
Sometimes it is hard to find the reason behind a BSOD error. So, you have to take the following steps carefully. First, you have to note down the error code displayed on the screen. After that, you can look for information about the code on the web. Then you should search for the solution to that particular error. But before doing anything for fixing it, you should take care of these things
- Remove the keyboard and the mouse for some time. You can connect both after fixing the BSOD error.
- If the computer has more than one RAM, you should keep one and remove the other ones.
- Clearing the SD card slot and USB ports is necessary.
- You should also remove the graphics card before the process.
- In the case of a laptop, if it has a removable battery, you must remove it and use the AC power instead.
- You should have administrator access to the system to perform any method for fixing the BSOD error.
What are the solutions to fix a BSOD error?
When it comes to a BSOD error, there are various ways to fix it. In this section, we will tell you some best solutions for removing the error in detail.
- Windows Automatic Repair in Safe Mode- This is one of the most effective ways to fix a BSOD error. With the Safe Mode on, you can troubleshoot the system and find out the problems quickly. It also helps to remove the useless drivers and programs. You can follow the following steps for this solution-
- You will get an option of “Automatic Repair Mode” when your computer doesn’t boot after three times.
- When it couldn’t repair your PC, move on to the next steps.
- Enable the Automatic Repair Mode to get access to Recovery Environment.
- Click on the Advanced Options. Here you will see an option to
- By clicking on this option, you have to get into Advanced Options and then Startup Settings.
- Restart your computer to see another Startup Settings Here, you will find Safe Mode.
- You have to type 4 to enable the Safe Mode.
- Now, you can backup your data and add them to a safe place.
- Try Disabling Antivirus software- Another method to fix a BSOD error is disabling antivirus software. But why should you do it? Because it might be the reason for causing this error. They often take a system’s service as a false virus. So, disabling them for a short period might help you. Meanwhile, you can add another anti-virus software for security. You have to try it first, and if your computer is still getting the blue screen errors, you should know that there is a different problem behind it.
- Do a System Restore- System restore is an excellent solution for BSOD errors. With this, you will know which issue caused this error. It will take your computer system to an earlier point when everything was working fine. Then, you can analyze your steps and determine the problem behind a BSOD error. You should make sure to restore the system to the latest restore point; otherwise, you will not find the root cause.
- Uninstall the latest programs- You can uninstall those programs that you have installed currently. Because some times these programs are responsible for causing a BSOD error. If your PC still shows the same blue screen, move on to other methods.
- Check Computer’s RAM- Checking the RAM is another method to resolve the error. Sometimes, there are problems with the RAM, and it causes the BSOD error. You can check your computer’s RAM with the help of the Memory Diagnostic Tool. If there is any issue regarding memory, this tool will solve it effectively.
From the above article, we concluded that BSOD errors might be unclear and can show up at any moment. But it is not impossible to resolve such a problem. You can follow the steps mentioned earlier to get rid of this error. We hope this article helped you in determining the best way to solve the blue screen error.