During the past few years, marketing has changed significantly. With more people using the internet to find products and services they require; digital marketing has never been more important. At the same time, traditional marketing still has its place. Even though many marketing teams have placed a greater and greater focus on digital marketing during the past few years, some people are wondering if digital marketing is ever going to fully replace traditional one. Therefore, if you would like your business to be successful, you need to place traditional and digital marketing in the best position possible to help your company grow. What do you need to know about these marketing methods? Is digital marketing going to fully replace traditional marketing?
What Is Considered Traditional Marketing?
First, it is important to take a closer look at traditional marketing. Essentially, it is anything that does not involve the internet to advertise directly. There are several examples of traditional marketing that many people still use today. These include:
- Print advertising, such as taking out advertisements in magazines, newspapers, books, and other print methods.
- Broadcast advertising including buying commercial space on TV programs, movies, and radio stations. This includes advertisements that are read by sports announcers during sporting events.
- Direct Mail marketing including sending catalogs, postcards, and other mass mailers to people’s houses and apartments.
- Purchasing billboards next to major roads.
- Hanging flyers in areas that people commonly see, including legal offices, doctors’ offices, and in the lobbies of apartment buildings.
- Any advertising methods that take place using the telephone including cold-calling people and telemarketing.
Even though there are other methods that fall under the category of traditional marketing, these are some of the most common. Until the internet began to grow during the late 1990s and early 2000s, traditional marketing was the back on the back of direct advertising campaigns. Now, as consumers have changed the way they look for products and services, digital marketing packages at BizIQ have become more common. If you looking for assistance running your digital marketing campaign, then you can rely on the professionals from BizIQ.
What Is Considered Digital Marketing?
So, the biggest difference between traditional and digital marketing at the channel through which businesses reach out to potential customers and clients. Digital marketing takes advantage of online media in an effort to reach potential consumers. There are several common examples of digital marketing. These include:
- Social media marketing is one of the most important vehicles of digital marketing. Some of the most popular social media advertising Vehicles include Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and LinkedIn.
- Video marketing using the internet is another common form of digital marketing. A few examples include placing videos on websites, publishing videos on platforms such as YouTube, and even making short videos on Tik Tok.
- Any advertising method that takes advantage of a website also falls under the category of digital marketing. For example, anyone who orchestrates SEO or PPC campaigns is taking advantage of digital marketing. Publishing a blog is another common form of this type..
- Email marketing is one of the backbones of digital marketing as well. For example, anyone who uses an email drip campaign to keep in touch with potential prospects, customers, and clients is engaging in digital marketing.
Even advertisements and product placement that are used in common online video games is another form of digital marketing. Clearly, it is going to continue to evolve as the internet becomes more powerful.
When Should Each Marketing Technique Be Used?
So, is traditional or digital marketing better? The answer is that it depends on your goals. Unless you fully understand what your goals are, it will be difficult for you to orchestrate a powerful marketing campaign. Some of the factors you need to consider when you are trying to decide which advertising technique to use include:
- You should always define what your goals are. That way, you can accurately calculate the return you get on your marketing investment.
- You should figure out what your target market is. Who was going to benefit most from the products and services you provide? This will help you figure out how you can reach them the best.
- How solid are your leads? The quality of your leads is going to have an impact on your ability to generate revenue. Not every lead is the same. Understand where you are finding your leads so you can decide which marketing technique is better.
Ultimately, you need to use your marketing campaign to track the journey of the buyer from start to finish. This will help you decide which marketing technique you should use.
How Are Attitudes Beginning to Shift?
The biggest way attitudes are beginning to shift is that businesses are trying to reach out to customers instead of asking the customer to come to them. When a business uses a massive TV advertising campaign, it is trying to convince customers to reach out to them. Now, with the internet, it is possible for businesses to precisely target advertising campaigns to their specific target market. Because businesses are realizing they can generate a greater return on their investment using the internet (at a significantly reduced cost), more businesses are starting to move in that direction.
Even though traditional marketing still has its place, digital one is becoming more common. If you would like to get the most out of your digital marketing campaign, you should enlist the help of trained professionals who have experience in this area. That is where we can assist you.