Buying a table tennis racket is a complex task as there are plenty of options for the customers. If you are also planning for the same, you should know some things before buying it.
Sometimes, people get confused about whether they should buy a new one or use the old one. They don’t have any idea when to replace a racket. As there are various types of rackets available in the market, people also don’t know which one to purchase. Now, you don’t have to worry. We have prepared this article to eradicate your doubts.
Table tennis is one of the most popular and exciting games in the world. People love to play this game because it is not that hard to learn the basics. Also, you don’t need many sports items to start a match with someone. A table, a ball, and a racket are the only things that one needs.
You should always purchase good-quality items, even if you are a beginner. For this, you need to research them well. You will find various websites that provide detailed buying guides to the customers. You can click here if you are looking for a reliable website.
The selection of a table tennis racket also depends on the level of your performance. For instance, beginner players will always start from the basic paddle, intermediate ones might want something better, and advanced players will prefer the best in the market. Whatever the case may be, you have to be careful while making a choice. Now, without further ado, let’s dive deeper into the same.
What are the various types of table tennis rackets?
As mentioned before, you will discover different kinds of paddles. They are as follows:
● Readymade paddles: You don’t have to buy the parts if you are choosing a readymade paddle. They are made according to the preferences and requirements of a beginner player. You can easily find the best one in the market.
● Recreational rackets: Is table tennis just a hobby for you? If yes, you should buy recreational rackets. They are suitable for those who just want to enjoy the game as their hobby.
● Customized paddles: You might be surprised to know that you can customize your table tennis racket as well. Isn’t it fantastic? Well, if you are a professional player, you should customize it accordingly. You have to buy the blade, rubber, and sponge for the same.
What are the things to consider while deciding on a racket?
The most important thing that you need to look for is the grip. Every material used in the handle has a different experience. Also, you have to find out how you hold your paddle. In this way, you will be able to recognize the best option for you.
Most of the players use a Shakehand grip. However, it is not mandatory for everyone to use the same. You have to choose the one which suits you the best.
There are two most common types of handles- flared and straight. Both of them are different in terms of grip. The flared handle provides comfort to the players who always prefer a light hold. On the contrary, the straight handle is more suitable for a solid grip because it is not thicker.
Blade is the essential part of a table tennis racket. You should always choose a blade that consists of 85% wood. Otherwise, it won’t last long. You will find two types of blades- wooden and carbon fiber. Wooden ones are durable as well as reasonable. On the other hand, carbon fiber blades are costlier and offer better speed. So, you should consider buying them if you are a professional player.
When it comes to selecting a blade, you need to identify your playstyle. Is it a defensive, all-rounder, or offensive style? After you have figured it out, you can then proceed to look for other things.
1. Defensive style: Many players are good at defending the opponent. Their primary goal is to win the match with their defensive skills. They always use flexible blades to enhance their performance. So, light ones are more beneficial for you.
2. Offensive style: Do you like to gain points with your attacking skills? Then, you should not go for a lightweight blade. You can explore your options regarding the same.
3. All-rounder: If you are good at both offensive and defensive style, you should look for a racket that is not too light or not too heavy.
There are various types of rubbers used in a racket. You have to select the one that goes well with your playstyle. You need a soft rubber for defensive moves, while for attacking actions, you need a firm rubber. Let’s take a look at the different rubbers types:
1. Smooth: Smooth rubber helps in the better spinning of the ball. It is more shiny and smooth than others.
2. Pimpled rubbers: You will also find pimpled rubber in the market. However, only professional players used this type of rubble in their paddles. It is because everyone cannot play efficiently with them. There are two kinds of pimpled rubbers. One has outward-facing pimples, and the other has inward-facing bumps.
Outward-facing pimpled rubber is suitable for defensive players. It is also good for the people who want to improve their skills. Inward-facing pimpled rubber is perfect for beginners and intermediate ones.
The layer between the rubber and the blade includes the sponge. You can choose a thick, medium, or thin sponge layer for your racket, depending on your preferences.
Each of them offers different spins. If you go with a thicker sponge, you can quickly attack your opponent. On the contrary, a thinner or medium sponge layer is suitable for defensive players.
The Bottom Line
In the end, we would like to conclude that everyone needs to consider some important things while purchasing a racket. You should not make a decision quickly. Otherwise, you might regret your decision later on. We hope you found this article helpful and informative.